Kicks For Gents
Knee High / Over The Calf Merino Wool Dress Socks - Solid
SIGN UP to our email list to be notified when these arrive in stock!
Finally, functional over the calf socks deisgned specifically for the dapper individual!
- Naturally antimicrobial Merino wool fabric
- Knee-high aka Over the calf length socks won't show any skin when wearing no break or ankle cut pants
- Wider elastic around the calf provides extra hold
- Hand-linked toe for seamless comfort
- Reinforce heel to prevent tearing when pulling up
- Reinforced Toe box increase sock longevity
- Cushioned toe box for extra warmth
- Breathable merino wool regulates temperature year-round
- Reinforced welt for attaching garter belts
- Merino Wool
- Weight: 0.5oz
- Made in Vietnam
- Made of Merino Wool & Spandex blend
Behind The Scenes
Finding great socks that are sustainable, over the calf, keep my toes warm while being slim and not getting destroyed by garter belt clips was almost impossible. Eventually, even the most expensive socks would develop holes in the toe, at the heal or fall apart where I clip the garter.
Going straight to the experts!
Sheec Socks has been innovating sock design for almost 10 years. Their no-show socks are outstanding and we are a proud retailer of their line of no-show socks. Therefore, what better partner to create next-generation men's dress socks with!
1ST SAMPLE PRODUCTION
After initial conversations on the pain points and missed opportunities with the current men's dress sock market, we drafted up initial design plans and then sent in requests for samples.
The samples were in three different material compositions (Bamboo blend, Mercerized Cotton blend, and Merino Wool Blend). We even ordered different sock sizing and various lengths for the over-the-calf style to see what was best. The samples had a reinforced toe box and heel with a hand-linked seamless toe-stitch to increase comfort.
After hours of discussion, we decided on moving forward with the merino wool blend, but incorporating a few extra features to really set this sock apart from the competition!
While the most expensive of the options, Merino Wool is truly a great material for year-round wear as it is warm in the winter and breathable in the summer.